ADVANTAGES AND APPLICATIONS OF RUN-FLAT:
-Run-Flat is a technology which helps armoured vehicles with tyres blown or damaged by firearms under dire circumstances calling for high security, escape from the imminent danger scene fast and without loss of control.
-When a tyre, the so-called RFT, blows out, this technology prevents harm coming to the rim by thwarting its contact with the ground and lets the vehicle continue with its journey.
-It absorbs the energy released by landmine explosions and thereby reduces the damage.
-It insures a safe drive under weather conditions below zero.
Run-Flat: Is a rubber fill inserted in between the rim and the wheel of an armoured vehicle, as a safeguard to give it one last chance to move forward, when at least one of its tyres gets massively damaged, or explodes or breaks into pieces.
At the present, the demand for Run-Flat tyres shows a constant rise, year over year. Especially the recent boost in the demand for this particular tyre technology in 4×4, 6×6, 8×8 armoured all-terrain vehicles has caused an increase in the demand for mechanisms to install and remove RFT. In an attempt to respond to this evolving need, the Company has produced and introduced to the market its first generation of Run-Flat installation-removal machines.
TYPES OF VEHICLES SUITABLE FOR USE WITH THE RUN-FLAT CHANGER MACHINE
The machine can be used with all vehicles having rim sizes ranging from 16 to 30 inches. It has successfully been used for removal and refitting of RFTs of all armoured vehicles retained in the warfare arsenal of the Armed Forces, Gendarme Troops and National Police Department of this country, as well as those forming part of the worldwide pool of armoured means of transport.
Versions of Run-Flat Tyre Replacement Machines currently available:
- Standard Version
- Container Version
- Trailer Version
RUN-FLAT CHANGER MACHINE FEATURES and VERSIONS
Technical Characteristics – Standard Version:
1-Tyre Removal and Installation System:
- This consists of 2 grips retractable with a hydraulic piston-cylinder system and 1 pusher – puller mechanism.
2-Ring remover system:
- This works independently from the Tyre Removal and Installation System.
- It is used for removing and reinserting the light metallic ring on the RFT which is meant to hold the rim in place and for splitting of sidewall off the tyres.
- The fractured segments of the rim in this section are safely removed.
- The rim is separated from the tyre.
- There is a joystick-driven controller unit available for controlling the tyre installation – removal and the ring removal – installation systems.
- It works with Direct Current at 24 Volts for the safety of users.
- This system is what ensures lifting up and down the tyres.
- It is rated for a maximum payload of 500 kg.
It operates via a hydraulic system.
5-Hydraulic System unit:
This works with a minimum pressure of 250 bars.
• It has an oil tank with a storage capacity of min. 100 litres.
Electrical Power System:
Operates at 380 V-415V with 3-Phase current.
(Electric system can be modified according to the power supply networks of different countries (220v-240v 3-phase) )
There are 3 emergency shutdown systems on the machine.
Technical Characteristics – Container Version
- As its name suggests, this version of Run-Flat replacement machines is fitted in a 20-inch container that bears a valid international transit certificate.
Typically inheriting all characteristics of the standard version, this range diverges only in a more compact design. The system can operate with power supplied from generators as well as through mains and possesses a feature which makes its transportation easy in operation zones, barren fields like the Saharan deserts and in battlefields.
NSN (NATO Stock Code Number) of the Run-Flat Machine: 4910270592020
Technical Characteristics – Trailer Version
- As the name suggests, this version of Run-Flat replacement machines is a trailer version placed on a 20-inch container that holds a valid international transit certificate.
Typically inheriting all characteristics of the standard version, this range diverges only in a more compact design. The system can operate with power supplied from generators as well as through mains and possesses a feature which makes its transportation easy in operation zones, barren fields like the saharan deserts and in battlefields.
Warranty Coverage and User Training:
The Company delivers and installs the machines it has sold on-site and gives user training on them, distributing certificates of completion to all participants in the end.
The Company-manufactured machines are under the company’s warranty for 2 years after installation, against defective materials and workmanship.
The Company also gives guarantee of spare parts supply for 10 years.
For Questions and Comments Please Contact
GM Defensive Ind. Co. started its operations in 1980. Its purpose is to offer its clients advanced technology products. The Company is aware of the industrial demand in the field of defence, and has combined its R&D and production capabilities, accordingly. It pursues continuous efforts towards introducing and promoting new technologies to its clientele.
Cevizlidere Mah. 1243 Sk. Taşpınar İş Merkezi No: 2/10
Balgat- Ankara / Turkey
+90 (312) 4728940
+90 (312) 4728944
+90 (532) 2115124